Manually capturing and processing enquiries coming through over the phone, via email or through Facebook can be time consuming, distracting, and prone to error.
Last year we released a couple of great features to help businesses generate and capture enquiries, then streamline the process of converting these enquiries into quotes and work orders: the Online Booking Form Add-on, and the Online Booking SMS Extension.
Online Booking Form
This free add-on lets you easily add a button to your website and/or Facebook page:
The button takes customers to sleek online booking page for your business, through which they can enter their details to request a quote or booking:
The form automatically uses your business’s logo, works on any device, and you can customise the placeholder text under ‘How can we help?’ to prompt the details you want.
All enquiries and requests will arrive in your ServiceM8 Inbox, where you can instantly convert the enquiry to a job. All info provided by the customer is auto-filled into the job card, and any attachments saved to the job diary:
Adding the online booking form is a fast and easy business improvement you can ‘set and forget’:
- It’s another way potential customers can initiate contact with your business – great for those that prefer to research and initiate contact online;
- It’s a straightforward ‘pro-forma’ contact form you can refer potential customers to if they want to proceed to request a quote or booking; and
- It’s a great bridge for converting ‘soft’ enquiries into work for your business.
The Online Booking Form add-on is free to activate and use. Check out these help articles for more info and setup instructions:
The SMS Extension of the Online Booking Form is a beautifully simple solution to an issue many field service workers face when fielding phone calls from potential customers: having to drop everything to take down the customer’s details, or worse, telling the customer that they’ll get back to them.
With the Online Booking SMS Extension, when the call is winding up, you can simply tell the caller that you’ll text them an online booking form straight away, through which they can fill out their own contact and job details.
Once you hang up, with a few taps you can text the last caller a link to your online booking form – the customer enters their own details and you can get straight back to what you were doing before the call:
If needed, you can opt to have the enquiry or booking automatically created as an Urgent Job and assigned to yourself as soon as the form is submitted by the customer:
Setting up the SMS Extension on iPhone takes literally five taps – from there, it will:
- Save your field staff time by minimising interruptions and allowing them to return to focusing on the job at hand;
- Avoid mistakes – the customer enters their own details and the enquiry is immediately captured once submitted; and
- Provide a smooth and professional method of turning phone enquiries into jobs.
Activating the SMS Extension is free, however standard 8c SMS fees apply.
Check out this help article on How to setup the Online Booking SMS Extension.