Queues are a core feature of ServiceM8 — they’re a place you can park jobs while they’re waiting for something, or need a common off-site task done, before they can be scheduled.
They’re really handy for building workflows, staying organised, and keeping jobs moving forward to completion.
This video takes a close look at how to use Queues, including the new assignable queue type “for jobs requiring action”. We cover:
- What Queues are for
- How to view jobs in a Queue
- How to send jobs to a Queue
- How & when jobs leave Queues
- How to create a Queue, including the difference between Queues “for jobs on hold” and “for jobs requiring action”
- How to see Queued jobs assigned to you
- How to create Queue workflows for technicians to use when Checking Out, on site
- How not to use Queues
- How to keep it simple when creating your first Queues
The latest launch included several improvements to Queues. Even if you’ve been using this feature for years, there’s a good chance you’ll learn something new!